#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, March 9, 2012

The First Smile & Photo Caption Contest

Aloha,

Fellow Writers, I ain't going to beat around the bush.

I'm a 42-year-old manly man who's had his touche handed to him this week.

This week, being the first week that I'm officially a Stay-At-Home Dad to three boys.

(And yes, it's all about the Caps, at least for this week, thank you very much :)

Therefore, I'm going all Robo photo-journalistic on you... (but I am actually curious to see how many people remember such things as a "photo caption contest.")

If you don't, it's real simple:)

Add caption!
Here's the random picture I took of three guys shooting hoops at a park.

(That's a shoe the one guy is holding :)













What's YOUR best caption to fit this *unstaged* pic?

Answers via comments section in less than fifty characters... it has to fit the bottom of the pic :)

The "contest" lasts through Monday and there is no Linky,

HOWEVER, the "prize" is unique....
I have a crack team of three (not three people on drugs; just three peeps who are really smart.)



They shall call on the winner... knowing full well I *HAVE* TO WRITE A 500-word FLASH FICTION STORY (based on the pic and the caption) and post it by March 25, 2012.

(Or suffer the consequenses of being ragged on ... for months....)
                                                              
                                                           ###

In other news, there is only a week left to sign up for my First Annual "Got Green?" Blog O'hop... I'm owning this baby :)

Would love to see the signups hit at least "TIRTY-TREE" as that is like the magical Oirish number, so roll up! Roll up!
                                                                  ###

And finally, something to warm the cockles of your heart... Son. No. 3 smiled at me today:)

Yo, Papa & Mama... Happy 10 years :)
No, no, he's not a teenager, he's only ten weeks old.

But this is a cute picture seeing as we're celebrating the tenth anniversary of our infamous Blind Date today, March 9 :)

Have a safe, happy weekend, y'all:)

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You and your wife were a blind date? Glad it worked out.
Can't think of a caption because I'm still trying to figure out what the kid has in his hand.

joeh said...

See...I told you white guys can't jump!

Cranky Old Man

Tara Tyler said...

No, lower, so we can dunk!

and awwwwwww!

Morgan said...

Ten points to the kid who can chuck his shoe through the little triangle thingie.

;)

Cassie Mae said...

How long do I wait before I tell him he stepped in dog poop?

And your boy is too cute!!!!

The Armchair Squid said...

Re photo: I just noticed that he's trying to dislodge the ball. How on Earth did it get stuck there? I'll work on the caption...

Good luck with the stay-at-home dad gig. And happy blind date anniversary.

M Pax said...

He's adorable. Happy weekend to you!

My caption: They're called high tops for a reason.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Caption: In a desperate attempt to keep the birds away, Dan raised his shoe filled with fowl odor.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

What a cute little boy you got! I love those baby smiles! Happy ten weeks to him, and ten years to his folks! :)

ali cross said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!

Sarah Tokeley said...

My caption: "This is gonna be a shoo(e)-in :-)

Happy Anniversary, and that's one bundle of cuteness you have yourself there:-)

Fairview said...

Dude. Lin was THIS tall when he was our age.

PS what cutie little Koopmans is.

David P. King said...

This sounds like fun. I do captions all the time for movie production photos on another site.

Caption: "Dude! That odor really DID send him to the moon!"

Looking forward to the Irish jig next week! :)

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

So cute! Such a sweet age. :)
Okay, I'm not good at captions at all! The best I could think of is:
"It's not me, I think the ball's too big. I bet my shoe will fit."

Huntress said...

“Lose a shoe?”
“Nope. Found one.”

Oh, loove your baby's smile. What a sweetie.

Hey I met my hubby on a blind date also. We celebrate our 39th anniversary this fall.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Congratulations on the 10 years (and the cute smile).

My effort: The loser's shoe goes up.

Cynthia said...

The picture of your smiling baby is so adorable!

By the way, Mark, I am giving you 3 blogger awards! For more info, visit: readisthenewblack.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-won-some-awards.html
I look forward to reading more of your fun facts.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;